AIMS AND POLICIES
1. Attractive public transport in East Suffolk, including an hourly train service throughout the East Suffolk Line and reintroduction of some through services to and from London.
2. Effective bus services to all towns and large villages with buses integrated with trains wherever appropriate.
3. User-friendly rail stations and bus stops with adequate car parking at stations.
4. Proper consultation with users when changes are proposed to train and bus services.
5. We pressed successfully for an additional footbridge and a lift at Ipswich station; for Lowestoft station to be retained on its convenient central site; and for a passing loop at Beccles, which was installed in 2012, enabling an hourly train service all the way from Ipswich to Lowestoft.